Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I feel I have been in pursuit of happiness since time immemorial. Although happiness means different things to different people, and also the way people derive happiness from a situation, a possession or a person. Happiness is a state of mind and I have always been tested by fate for resilience (which I never had), patience (currently I am the Dean of the University of patience), and determination (you need to have a goal to be determined, I never had a goal). Never having a goal seemed cool to me, it might be officially cool, but I never had one. Having a goal entailed planning, pressure, creating own deadlines and reaching them, which I thought was not the way to live life. Hence, I never had a goal in life, assuming that such a goal would seem panicky, farsighted, overbearing on my personality, which I loved to portray as a happy go lucky one. It was quite late in life that I realized that every Tom, Dick, and Harry had a goal, however incompetent, happy or impulsive he/she was.

No comments: