Sunday, May 24, 2009

Somethings..

There are some simple things in life that just put the zing back in you...like the first spells of rain after summer, talking to someone miles away from you and sharing a hearty laugh as if she is sitting right next you, giggling like a school girl, the cool summer evening breeze, and a terrific game of cricket. They have all happened to me the past few hours, making you think again, like just a few months ago, that there's something good always happening al'round you, something positive, you just have to look round and thank your stars, thank the Almighty.

I had been praying for the rains even before the summer started, summer is a shuddering thought for me, I just cant tolerate the heat, put me in a freezer and I'll gladly endure it, maybe it's an exaggeration, maybe too much of anything is always unbearable. So, I'll gladly welcome the rains!!

Talkin to mom is something that always peps me up, she is almost always so full of life, laughing, giggling, catching up on things far and near. She always makes everybody at home, or whatever is left of it, feel like old haggards at the death bed. So there we were chatting up bout whats happening in our lives, Insh'Allah, I'll get to see her soon.

Ahh...Gilly...what an adrenalin rush for us couch potatoes slouching with coke on our comfy sofas and watching one of the best knocks ever in a T20 game. Interestingly, as if on cue, as said by Paulo Coelho, all things trying to portray the same notion of happiness in all the simple things round you, value them, value life, value the loved ones in your life.!!!

2 comments:

Lubna said...

You are here with her dummy...so Enjoy!
Let me know your Gmail ID.
Lubs.

Hydro said...

Ya finally with her. Google ID: alihydro@gmail.com