Monday, May 12, 2008

My boring days


This is a boring write up, which I hope and believe will end some day, its called boring days because it has been quite boring simply put. Thankfully, I have been able to keep my sanity in the face of absolute chaos, do we call it chaos or shall I call it misfortune. Even though it hasn’t been entirely boring, but there have been times and moments when I wished it ended soon, but it just doesn’t seem to end. So instead of fretting over it, I thought about writing it out in the faint hope of negating the frustrating effect, so here it goes….

September of 2007.

Chennai has always been a pain, kind of those friends or bosses, without whom life would have been a lot easier, but like the things we can’t avoid, I had to make my umpteenth trip to Chennai for the only obvious reason Hyderabadi’s do, to attend an interview at the US Consulate (Vacation in Chennai, anyone ever heard of such a slogan). One of the important things to be done before the interview included getting a medical examination. They make us go through those embarrassing medical examinations, yeah all that included!! When I landed at the authorized hospital for my medical extravaganza, I had only one patient to fight out with, a girl from the north east. Waiting for my turn to be examined, I thought about who she might be and I also went to the extent of imagining the diseases she might be having, a severe case of myopic thinking and retarded thought process on my part. As she proceeded to get herself examined, I read all the regular instructions and posters we usually see in a hospital, and to add to my fear of communicable diseases, about AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, and the very topical conjunctivitis. In a short while the girl came out beaming, signaling a healthy future and then it was my turn. I had my weight done, I was a little above normal; tongue out as well as other things, all done to confirm a jolly good me, and all the other reports were negative as well, thankfully I hadn’t contracted any embarrassing diseases, those of which people would be very happy to attribute to a bachelor like me or any bachelor for that matter.

With time on my hands, two days to be precise, I roamed around Chennai, in buses, autos, taking lifts, eating off the streets, high-end restaurants, and spending a major portion of my days in an air-conditioned mall or multiplex. I had never seen so many back to back movies as I did when in Chennai. I saw Sivaji, which was a major disappointment; I wasn’t expecting anything great anyway, but the AC was good. Also saw two Hindi movies.

May 2008.

It has been a while since my initial boring days write up and I thought I'd go back a little and comprehend to see what has changed. Unfortunately, there has been no change in my state or position, and what’s amazing is that I feel pretty okay with it right now. Should I feel bad about it or be proud that I have overcome an adverse situation without letting it effect me? I don’t know. But I have definitely become wiser, learning a lot from the incident. I have also become extremely patient and would definitely qualify for the job of the Dean of the University of Patience. Oh boy I can write a long thesis and get a PhD on patience in the mean while.

Ever since the debacle in Chennai, I have been staying at my aunt’s place and now I know where the cobwebs are in my room, the dead mosquito that I killed mercilessly with the newspaper still shouts out at me from the corner of the room with blood splattered all over, what a way to die, while you are sucking someone else’s blood. Anyway, it has been quite boring all along. I have been on the run, from one situation to another. In the meantime, in all the madness, mayhem, and the air of uncertainty, I have done some terrific traveling in the past year, the only bright spot, the only thing to cheer about. Some forced travel, some for the love of it and some as a compromise. But I have returned more determined, more enlightened, more focussed from all the travels. I notched up a few thousand kilometers, seen what a fantastic country I live in. Hence, Im still running, looks like uncertainy and me dont make strange bedfellows anymore. Bring them on, lets see what more life has in store for me!!
July 2008
Ah..well, I havent been writing enough for the past few weeks or say the past 2 months to be precise. Well its status quo, its still boring, but things have changed a little for the better, but different, much like Maggi tomato sauce, "Its different", whatever that means. I have been looking for opportunities to work, different from the health care sector Im currently into. I have some very exciting offers but they are all at intital stages, ya nothing confirmed.
One thing has remained constant all over the 'boring days' period, Mom. Not a single day has passed when I havent thought about her earnestly. She is a terrific cook, and hopefully I will get to gobble up her artisitcally prepared delicacies soon. See, Im tired of writing already, duh...this post is really turning out to be boring. Watch out another post..tc. AH

No comments: